Project partner Energy Saving Trust held an online webinar on unlocking net zero financing for SMEs through local business support programmes.
The event adressed the following:
- How much can the Shared Prosperity Fund (the new regional funding programme) aid SMEs in their decarbonisation journey?
- Can SMEs decarbonise without grant funding?
- What wider role is there for local authorities to support SMEs in their area?
- What other approaches look promising?
With speakers from Local Government Association, East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, EP Connect, and Middlesex University Business School, the event included presentations on:
- UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF)
- Experiences from East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce on SME support and UKSPF
- ESCO In-a-box solution – A local value creating solution to support SMEs
- Financing SMEs ‘Greening’ in the UK